TITLE: Sales Representative
Sales Representative Job Description:
The Antelope Valley Fair & Event Center is hiring a Sales Representative to be responsible for generating leads and meeting annual sales goals. This position also requires advocacy/ambassadorship responsibilities and skill sets. Duties include sales presentations, meeting with clients, potential clients, and negotiating contracts. In order to be successful in this role, all candidates are required to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, superb interpersonal and, verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage. This position will primarily be responsible for selling space to vendors at existing events held at the AV Fair & Event facility and events including but not limited to, The Annual Antelope Valley Fair, The Home & Garden Show, The California Circuit Finals Rodeo, the Bridal Show, and the 4th of July PBR & Fireworks Extravaganza. In addition, this position will entail managing the sales, promotion, and membership of the Western Heritage Foundation.
Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Generating leads.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients.
- Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Keeps management informed by submitting weekly and monthly reports along with weekly work plans and monthly and annual sales projections.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Represents the organization at various community and business functions.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs and events.
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintaining client records.
- Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
Sales Representative Requirements:
- Experience in sales
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- Understanding of the event and festival industry.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to contribute and communicate in a positive manner during team meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Ability to make presentations to local community and business groups.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely and effectively within a culturally and ethnically diverse work environment.
- A commitment to the organization, its culture, and willingness to work and thrive in a team environment.
“The Antelope Valley Fair & Event Center is an iconic organization that has had the privilege of serving the region for over eighty years. Dedicated to providing engaging community events, world class entertainment and multipurpose facilities that meet the diverse needs of our community. Our team members are comprised of extremely motivated, passionate, and innovated individuals, who work together to ensure the preservation of our rich agricultural heritage, while embracing new technologies and changing cultures that provide continuous opportunity and growth to all of the communities we serve. We are currently recruiting enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who thrive in a fast paced, team environment.”
Salary Range: Salary + Commission
Apply online – No walk-ins, no calls